- This event has passed.
WS03 – Understanding Design Principles and Applying Them to the Landscape
June 18, 2023 @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm$45
If you want to better understand how to apply tried-and-true design principles to a new garden project you have in mind, this workshop is just the ticket to get you on your way. Terri will cover:
- Principles and elements of design.
- How to apply them to a landscape project.
- Evaluating a site and creating a design before jumping into buying plants.
- Assessing environmental factors that affect your site.
- Identifying needs and intended use up front.
- Designing for sustainability.
You’ll have fun taking what you’ve learned and applying it to a real project during the workshop.
Length: 2 hours
Max participants: 40
Terri James is an Extension Educator at the University of Nebraska in Lincoln. She coordinates the Extension Master Gardener Volunteer program for the state, develops content for the Backyard Farmer program, and coordinates and teaches the local Master Gardener program at the East Campus. She is also part of a group working on publications outlining the importance of consumer horticulture to everyday life. She earned her BS in Horticulture-Landscape Design and her MS in Public Gardening from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Before her work at the University of Nebraska, Terri was the landscape manager and designer with the Nebraska State Fair in Lincoln.